Wednesday, July 8, 2009

In a pinch, try Trader Joe's Punjab Spinach Sauce


I stocked up on these Trader Joe simmer sauces. Easy to just throw in some chicken breast and have a meal in minutes. Tonight I am using a jar of Trader Joe’s Punjab Spinach Sauce.
What else you will need:
• ½ pound of chicken breast
• 1 c. Jasmine rice
• A glass of Sauvignon Blanc (this is for you to drink to take the edge off)

So when Joe left for his jog, I did the following:
1. Take a cup of Jasmine rice and then run it through water a few times to make sure it’s not all gross and dirty. Make sure you drain it.
2. Then I followed the directions on the rice cooker that we got on Clement Street. The rice took about 40 minutes to cook, so do this first.
3. Cut up the chicken breast into bite sized pieces. (I use a fork and a big knife that we got as a wedding gift. I don’t know how to do that fancy cutting thing that chefs do.)
4. Add the sauce to the pan.
5. Then fill the jar half way with water and then add that to the pan.
6. Once it simmers, add the chicken.
7. After about 10 minutes, lower the heat.
8. Let it all simmer for about 20 more minutes stirring every so often.
9. I do the dishes while it’s simmering.
10. You can let it hang out in the sauce for a little longer if need be. While Joe showered, I plated it.
It was pretty darn good if I do say so myself. It was pretty easy too!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, impressive. For me and Jess, that would be like me coming home to find Jess balancing the checkbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Trader Joe's! The more I shop there, the more I love it! I will definitely have to check out some of their simmering sauces... will make getting dinner on the table at a decent hour MUCH easier for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you might like the book julie and julia by julie powell. she took on a cooking challenge herself. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I need to see that movie. Wait till you see my movie one day :)

    ReplyDelete