Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Why I started this blog.


Being married to a chef is a very cool thing I have to say. Every day is a new adventure into the culinary world. One day at work a colleague asked me what I was eating as I opened up my steaming Tupperware preparing to dive in to my lunch. “Duck confit with blueberry compote,” I replied. I will never forget the look on his face; and it was then that I knew I had it good. Night after night, delicious meals would cross my palate…one better than the next. There was Thai and Indian, homemade ravioli on Sunday—you name it, I ate it.

“How can you be married to a chef and not gain weight,” people would ask. Oh yes, I was a triathlete. “Was” being the key word here. About six months after we signed up for our first Ironman race together, I was forced to drop out of the race due to a botched foot surgery that I am still dealing with.

Now Joe trains about 20 hours per week while I catch up on my reality TV. For Joe, working 50 hours per week and training 20 leaves little time to keep up with his culinary dinner delights. So I am now forced to reach out of my comfort zone and prepare meals.

Join me as I attempt this feat. I am going to start with easy to prepare meals and go from there if it goes well.

2 comments:

  1. I love the premise. Good luck cooking and healing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Sue. I can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete